Oh this cake. I have this bundt cake pan that I feel like I just don’t use enough so I wanted to make an awesome, delicious cake that had a glaze that soaks into it. This cake was amazing! The actual cake was good on it’s own but the caramel glaze pushed it over the top! It gave it a sweet moist undertone. This is a must try! The most important thing about making a bundt cake is that you need to make sure the pan is well greased and you need to make sure the cake is completely cooled off before removing it. That’s important, otherwise your cake will be all crumbly and it just won’t look good.
3 cups flour
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream
2 sticks butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup whole milk
1/2 stick butter
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Thoroughly coat a bundt pan with baking spray. It should have flour in it. Make sure you get all the nooks and crannies in the pan.
3) Mix dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
4) In another bowl, beat butter and sugar till creamy.
5) Add eggs, vanilla and sour cream and beat till mixed.
6) Slowly add dry ingredients to wet and mix well. Pour into bundt pan and bake for 50 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Let the pan cool completely before attempting to remove it from the cake.
7) While cake is cooling, mix butter and sugar in saucepan over medium heat and whisk till melted and smooth. Add the milk slowly and mix till combined. Remove from heat once frothy and let it sit till ready to pour over the cake.