If you are looking for a recipe for your chicken breast that will make everyone happy, you will love this Spinach Stuffed Chicken. It’s stuffed with ricotta and topped with sauce and cheese. It’s like a chicken lasagna on your plate!
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess liquid
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1.5 cups marinara sauce (see here)
- Prep Chicken
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spread 1/2 cup of marinara on the bottom Cut each chicken in half length wise to create 6 thin sliced breasts, pound till evenly thin.
- Prep Breadcrumbs and Filling
In a shallow dish, combine the Parmesan cheese and the breadcrumbs. In a bowl, mix ricotta, spinach and garlic. In another bowl, scramble egg for dipping.
- Stuff and Roll
Lay a piece of chicken on working surface. Scoop a bit of the spinach mixture on top and spread over. Roll the chicken up and fasten closed with toothpick. Repeat till all chicken is rolled.
Dip chicken piece in egg and then dredge in the breadcrumbs. Place seam side in baking sheet. Top with a scoop of sauce and top with mozzarella.
Bake in oven for 30 minutes until chicken is cooked. Serve immediately.