If you love white, flaky fish, then you will love this Spicy Pollack Skillet. The fish cooks in a seasoned sauce and comes out perfect. The beans, fire roasted tomatoes and cumin give it a southwestern flavor that will make you want more as it smells delicious. I used fresh pollack for this but if that is hard for you to get, you can use frozen or another white fish like tilapia or cod. If you are looking for more fish recipes, check out our Honey Lime Tilapia or my Grilled Mahi Mahi with Corn and Avocado Salad. This Spicy Pollack Skillet is just the thing for a delicious, seafood meal!
tablespoon olive oil
an orange or yellow pepper, thinly sliced
1/4 white onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
a 14 oz can fire roasted tomatoes
tablespoon chili powder
tablespoon ground cumin
Salt and pepper
one 14 oz can black beans, drained
drained 14 oz can of corn
1 lb pollack, or other white fish, cut into bite sized pieces
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil to medium high heat saute pepper, onion until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and continue to saute for another minute.
Reduce heat to medium low, mix in tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in beans and corn, returning to a low simmer.
Finally, gently lay the fish in the center of the skillet, covering with the sauce. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Squeeze lime over the top and serve.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 orange or yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 white onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 14 oz can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 1 14 oz can black beans, drained
- 1 14 oz can corn, drained
- 1 lb pollack, or other white fish, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 lime
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil to medium high heat. Add pepper, onion and saute till soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute for another minute.
- Reduce heat to medium low, add tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes, add beans and corn and return to a simmer.
- Add fish, covering with the sauce. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Squeeze lime over the top and serve.
One thought on “Spicy Pollack Skillet”
This looks so good! Can’t wait to try it!