So my son recently had his fourth birthday. Not only was I completely blown away that I had a child who was four, I was also trying to put together a party that wasn’t a huge wallet breaker. Now this recipe will be a little different. I will share the recipe for Raspberry Buttercream, but I’ll also be showing how to make an awesome bakery rich cake at a fraction of the price!
I got rave reviews for this cake and it was very cost effective. The raspberry filling worked so well with the chocolate and can work for other cake flavors too!
Making the buttercream is super easy but takes some attention so make the cake mix first.Want your store bought mix to taste like a bakery cake? Make the mix according to directions but add an extra egg, replace the oil with melted butter and double the amount and replace the water with the equal amount of milk. It will make the cake so much richer! While the cakes are baking and cooling, you can do this.
The ad is not displayed on the page
current post: Raspberry Buttercream, ID: 5395
Ad: Ad created on September 19, 2022 8:44 am (9417)
Placement: Content (content)
Find solutions in the manual
6 oz raspberries
1/3 white sugar
2 tablespoons water
2 sticks butter, room temperature
1 cup marshmallow fluff
2 cups powdered sugar
1) Pour raspberries, water and sugar into a saucepan and boil over medium low heat. Boil for 10 minutes, stir frequently to help break up the berries.
2) Remove from heat and strain. Throw away the seeds and put the remaining juice in the fridge to cool.
3) Put butter in a bowl and beat on high with a mixer. Add the fluff and continue mixing until well combined.
4) Lower mixer to low and pour in powdered sugar. Continue mixing until combined. Increase speed to high and beat for one minute until fluffy.
5) Stir in raspberry sauce and beat on high again for another minute. Put buttercream in fridge until ready to use.
Fluffy and sweet
Put a hearty amount of buttercream between the two cakes. Then you can frost and decorate as you wish!
Our Captain America Cake! Just need some vanilla frosting and M&M’s!