If there are two vegetables that I love and use frequently, it’s asparagus and zucchini. It was to the point where I just always had extra on me and needed to use it up. So this creation of Cajun Stuffed Chicken happened. I made it and was given complements about how delicious it was. The veggies mixed perfectly with the Cajun seasoning for an awesome mix of flavors. If you want to make something that doesn’t have any added extras to add up the calorie count then this is the way to go!
3 large boneless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup asparagus, chopped
1/2 zucchini, diced
1/2 cup white onion, diced
1/2 mozzarella, shredded
Salt and pepper
4 tablespoon cajun seasoning (see here)
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat. Sauté asparagus, zucchini and onion for 5 minutes until softened. Add to a large bowl with mozzarella cheese. Mix well.
2) Butterfly chicken, season inside with salt and pepper and begin stuffing the inside with the veggie mixture. Secure with toothpicks and season both sides with toothpicks.
3) Place into baking pan and bake for 30-40 minutes until chicken is 165 degrees inside.
- 3 large boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup asparagus, chopped
- 1/2 zucchini, diced
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 1/2 mozzarella, shredded
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoon cajun seasoning
2 thoughts on “Cajun Stuffed Chicken”
Dropping by to say thank you for sharing this meal. My family has enjoyed this cajun stuffed chicken tremendously. We actually had it last Christmas and it was so good.
That’s awesome Sheila!