Happy New Year! Now that the holidays are over, it’s time to focus on the next big day, Super Bowl Sunday. If you have a football fan, you need to plan some easy to grab food. I decided to try this out one night and it was a huge hit! You only need a few ingredients and this cooks really quickly. Serve with a bowl of sauce and you have a new favorite!
1 pizza dough
1 cup tomato sauce (here’s a homemade version here)
1 cup shredded mozzerella
4 oz sliced pepperoni
1) Preheat oven to 500 degrees. If you have a pizza stone, make sure it’s in the oven to warm up. If not, a cookie sheet should suffice.
2) Roll out the dough into a large square. Try to make it about 1/4 inch thick.
3) Spread out the sauce over the dough, layer the cheese and top with pepperoni. I used about 1/2 of an 8 oz bag so the amount depends on how big you roll the dough.
4) Start at one end and slowly spin the dough up into a large roll. Slice air slits into the dough throughout the roll.
5) Bake for about 10 minutes, until the dough is golden brown and the cheese starts to bubble through the slits.
Let cool for a few minutes before cutting into pieces, serve with some sauce and you will be in pizza heaven!
(Perfect with some dipping sauce)