Nothing screams beautiful weather like an amazing blueberry pie! Blueberries are in ample supply this time of year so it’s great to take advantage and make some yummy desserts. This Homemade Blueberry Pie is so delicious and makes use of a ton of extra blueberries that we had sitting around!
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons cold butter
4 tablespoons ice cold water
5 cups fresh blueberries
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) To make the crust, mix together the flour and salt in a medium bowl. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or two forks until the mix looks like pebbles. Add the water and mix until dough forms.
3) Roll into ball and place onto floured surface. Roll out the dough into a circle and then place into pie pan. Cut off the excess and use as a lattice top.
4) In a bowl, mix the blueberries with the lemon juice, sugar, salt and cinnamon. Make sure the berries are well coated. Pour into pie crust and top with the dough pieces into a lattice.
5) Bake for 45 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream.