I love potatoes. I don’t know if it’s because I’m Irish or if it’s just because they are amazing, but if we had another potato famine, I would definitely feel the pain. One of my favorite potato dishes is baked potatoes so when I saw this recipe for Baked Potato Soup, I decided to try it out. I made a few changes but I think they made it all the better. I made this in the Crockpot so it was very easy to prep and it came out delicious. A perfect meal for a chilly day!
6 Russet Potatoes
1/2 sweet onion
3 cloves chopped garlic
3 cups chicken stock
2 tablespoons salt and pepper
1 cup whole milk
6 slices bacon
1/2 cup sharp cheddar, shredded
1) Peel potatoes and chop into small chunks. Chop onion and garlic. Add everything to crockpot. Season with salt and pepper.
2) Add chicken stock, stir, cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
3) Once done, cook bacon till crispy. Add half the grease to the soup and discard the rest. Chop bacon and save for later.
4) Scoop about 75% of the potatoes into a blender and blend till smooth. Pour back into crockpot, add milk, cover and cook for another 1/2 hour.
5) Ladle into bowl and top with bacon and cheese.