I love chicken parm! It’s the definition of comfort food. You know that blend of chicken, sauce and cheese will scratch whatever itch you have and really hit the spot. This recipe has the chicken pan fried before it’s baked to give it an slight crunch while keeping the chicken super moist. A perfect dinner for any night of the week!
I use my homemade sauce for this recipe, you can find the recipe here.
4 thin sliced boneless chicken breasts or 2 regular breasts halved
Salt and pepper
1/4 cup flour
1 cup plain breadcrumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1/2 tablespoon basil
1/2 tablespoon oregano
5 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 cups marinara sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. (200C)
2) Take a meat mallet and make sure all the breasts are even. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
3) Add flour to shallow bowl. In another bowl, beat the two eggs and set aside. In a third bowl, mix breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, basil and oregano.
4) Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once ready, dredge chicken in flour, eggs and breadcrumbs and then place into the oil. Cook for 2-4 minutes on each side until browned. Remove the chicken and place into a sauce coated baking dish. Top with more sauce and place cheese on top.
5) Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes until cheese is bubbling. Serve with a side of pasta.