I got into these when I tried the Whole 30 diet. I got the idea from Nom Nom Paleo. Now I make my own version which isn’t Whole 30 friendly, but still delicious and a really great idea for a quick breakfast for busy weekday mornings. I would make a batch on the weekend and just grab two on my way out the door during the week. It made my mornings go much smoother. Not to mention, these are ridiculously delicious! This recipe will make 12 egg cups.
4 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 pound frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
8 large eggs
1/4 cup whole milk
5 oz Prosciutto
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Take a cupcake pan and spray the cup with non-stick spray.
2) Line sides and bottom of cups with Prosciutto.
3) Heat half the butter over medium heat and sauté the onions until soft. Add garlic and cook for another minute. Put aside.
4) In a large bowl or pourable measuring cup whisk the eggs, milk, spinach, salt, pepper and the onion/garlic mix.
5) Pour the mix into cups about 1/3 of the way and top with cheese.
6) Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes before removing from cups.