Happy November! I know you are feeling the after Halloween crash of all the sugar plus the added pressure of planning your big Thanksgiving feast, which can make you want to just whole up with your kids candy and gorge out. Don’t do it! Keep on a healthy track during these tough weight gaining months with this Zucchini and Beef Skillet! This is low carb and stuffed with veggies, beef and spices to make it easy of the waistline but amazing on the flavor. There’s also no cheese to cut down on fat, however if you want to add some feel free.
This is a great item to add to the menu, especially this month when you are going to be having your temptation tested. If you are looking for other healthy recipes, check out my Cilantro Lime Chicken with Cauliflower Rice or my Grilled Mahi Mahi with Corn and Avocado Salad!
2 zucchinis, sliced and quartered
1.25 lbs ground beef
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 can diced tomatoes
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon cumin
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
1) In a large skillet, brown ground beef on medium heat with garlic, salt and pepper.
2) Add tomatoes and spices and mix well. Simmer for 10 minutes.
3) Add zucchini, mix well, cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes till zucchini is cooked.
- 2 zucchinis, sliced and quartered
- 1.25 lbs ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef on medium heat with garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add tomatoes and spices and mix well. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini, mix well, cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes till zucchini is cooked.
2 thoughts on “Zucchini and Beef Skillet”
This is very timely since I am looking for healthier choices. Bookmarked this post. Will try this really soon. Thank you for sharing.
Thanks Sheila, this is definitely a perfect meal to jump start healthy eating.