I recently started the Whole 30 diet plan. For those unfamiliar, it’s basically no gluten, dairy, sugar, alcohol or processed food. It’s very similar to Paleo, just more strict. So looking through different recipes, I decided to do a stuffed pepper recipe that tries to pack flavor where cheese and other things lack.
3 large green peppers
1.25 lbs 90% lean ground beef
1 red pepper chopped
1 6 oz can tomato paste
3 tablespoons garlic and onion powder
2 tablespoons chili and cumin powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Slice green peppers in half and place onto cooking sheet open side up. Chop red pepper into chunks.
3) Heat skillet over medium high heat and place ground beef into skillet. Add spices and cook until brown.
4) Add red pepper and tomato paste and mix well.
5) Scoop into the green peppers but don’t overflow.
6) Bake in oven for 10 minutes.