There are times when you want to cut out on meat, whether it’s for financial or health reasons, and it can be hard sometimes to find recipes that don’t get boring. This Vegetarian Lasagna is far from boring! It’s packed with flavor and stuffed with veggies so you will definitely not feel like it’s the same ole, same ole!
1 package lasagna noodles
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup white onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
Salt and pepper
3 medium zucchini, sliced 1/8″ thick
16 oz ricotta cheese
10 oz frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
20 oz marinara sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Boil large pot of water and cook noodles to package instructions. Lightly salt the zucchini and let it sit for 10 minutes to remove excess moisture. Blot with paper towel when done.
2) Add olive oil to pan and saute onion till almost translucent. Add garlic and cook for another minute. Set aside.
3) In a large bowl, mix ricotta cheese, spinach, egg, salt and pepper.
4) In a baking dish, spoon a little bit of sauce and cover the bottom of the pan. Layer lasagna noodles on top of sauce. Lay zucchini slices on top.
5) Spoon the ricotta mixture over the zucchini and spread thin. Add sauce and top with 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese. Repeat for another layer.
6) Top with another set of noodles and top with more sauce and mozzarella. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese all over.
7) Cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes until bubbly. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.