This is a pasta that has a little bit of everything. Some Kielbasa, some cheese, some spice. A great thing to make when you want pasta but not the usual sauce and cheese mix. This is something I have made several times and it’s always a big hit.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 link of Kielbasa, sliced into rounds
3/4 cup diced white onion
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 cups chicken broth (14 oz can)
1 can Rotel Tomatoes and Chiles, 10 oz (see here)
1/2 cup whole milk
1 box Penne pasta, uncooked
2 cups Jack Cheddar Cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Heat oil in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
2) Add onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, then add Kielbasa and let cook for one minute. If using raw Kielbasa, cook until browned.
3) Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
4) Add broth, Rotel, pasta, milk, salt and pepper. Bring to boil, cover and simmer under reduced heat of medium low. Let simmer for 15 minutes. Stir at least once while cooking.
5) Preheat broiler.
6) Remove skillet from heat and stir in one cup of cheese. Top with remaining cheese and put under broiler.
7) Broil until cheese melts, 3-4 minutes.