I love shaking up my pasta. I wanted to try this for awhile. I LOVE black olives and the idea of them in pasta got my attention. Don’t get scared of the anchovies, they really add an amazing level of flavor to the sauce. This came out great, flavorful and smelled amazing!
1 lb spaghetti
2 tablespoons olive oil
4-5 anchovies in oil, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
3 tablespoons basil
16 oz crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup black olives, pitted
1) Cook pasta to box instructions.
2) While pasta is cooking, sauté anchovies in olive oil under low heat in a large skillet. Break up the fish while cooking.
3) Once fish becomes a paste, add garlic and cook for another minute.
4) Add tomatoes, basil and olives. Raise heat to medium high and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
5) Drain pasta and add it to the sauce. Toss gently and top with some Parmesan cheese.