I’ve been making Sausage and Pepper Grinders for awhile now and decided I wanted to try something different. This came out delicious and perfect if you’re a fan but don’t want to do the usual.
1 pizza dough
2 tablespoons olive oil
6 sausage links, sweet or hot
1/4 white onion, diced
1 green pepper
1/2 cup marinara sauce
1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
1) Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
2) Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat. Slice open sausage links and remove meat from casing. Add to pan and cook until slightly browned. Add onion and pepper and cook for another few minutes until softened. Set aside.
3) On a floured surface, roll out pizza dough until it’s a medium sized square. Cover with sauce and then the sausage mix. Top with cheese.
4) Slowly start rolling up the dough until it’s a tube. Cut some lines into the top to prevent it from exploding in the oven. Bake for 10 minutes or until browned and crispy on the outside.
5) Let cool for 5 minutes before cutting into pieces. Serve with more marinara for dipping.