These are delicious! They are juicy, tender and make you want to finish every bite. A must have with some mashed potatoes and green beans! This is not the cafeteria kind you grew up with. The slow cooked onions mixed in with the gravy gives the meat a flavor that melts in your mouth. Take this comfort food favorite to the next level.
1/2 White Onion, sliced into rings
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 lb ground beef
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1/2 tablespoon salt
1/2 tablespoon pepper
1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
1 packet brown gravy mix
1) Put butter and olive oil into pan and heat on medium. When the butter is melted and mixed with the oil, add the onions. Cook for 20-30 minutes until caramelized.
2) While onions are cooking, mix the ground beef, egg, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and breadcrumbs into a bowl. Mix well by hand.
3) Make 4 oval shaped patties, about 3/4 of an inch thick. Place aside.
4) Make gravy in saucepan according to package directions. Once done, add the caramelized onions and let simmer. Stir regularly.
5) Return onion pan to stove. Turn the heat up to medium high and add the beef patties. Sear for about 3 minutes on each side, until there is a brown crust.
6) Lower heat to simmer, pour gravy on top and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve immediately.