I can’t take all the credit for this idea, my husband came up with it but now it has become a favorite in our house because they are sooo good! You will not be disappointed, all you need is some pulled pork to start you off. You can find the recipe for my version here. For more options for your pulled pork, don’t miss my Pulled Pork Potato Skins or my Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese!
Note: This post contains affiliate links. It does not affect the price of the products sold.
4 cups pulled pork ( I do about a cup of meat per calzone)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 large round of pizza dough
1 cup BBQ sauce (see here)
1) Preheat oven to 500 degrees. I use a pizza stone for this, if you do not have one then a baking sheet should be OK. Make sure the stone is in the oven while it’s pre-heating.
2) Split the dough into 1/4’s and start working it flat with flour, your hands and a rolling pin. Try to make them as flat as you can.
3) When ready, put a small layer of cheese on one side of the dough and then cover with about a cup of pork. Drizzle some BBQ sauce on top.
4) Fold over and pinch closed.
5) Repeat 2-4 until you have all the calzones done and put in oven for 10-15 minutes depending on how well done you want them.
6) Remove from oven and let cool before eating.
The first time I tried these I was in love!