This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeInTheFun #CollectiveBias
There is something about the holidays that just makes me love to bake. It’s just a ton of options for everyone and it’s so much fun using holiday themed supplies! This time of year there are great holiday products and I got the inspiration to make some great holiday food! I wanted to have some fun with the new M&M’s® so I got all their holiday candies and got to work.
What’s great about this is that I also have a giveaway linked up too! All you have to do is vote for your favorite holiday recipe and you’re entered to win one of eight KitchenAid® Mixers! Keep an eye out for the entry form.
Luckily my local Walmart had everything I needed. I found all that I needed without having to search all over the store.
I wanted to use my M&M’s® to make some Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Truffles. You can use any type for this but I used two different kinds. I used the M&M’s® Holiday Milk Chocolate and the M&M’s® Holiday Peanut for this. I promise it will be worth it.
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
2.5 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup M&M’s® Holiday Peanut
1.5 cups semi sweet chocolate
1 9 oz bag M&M’s® Holiday Milk Chocolate
1) Line one large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) With a handheld or stand mixer, beat butter on medium until creamy.
3) Add peanut butter, vanilla and salt. Beat on high until combined.
4) Put mixer on low and add in powdered sugar. The mix should look like sand when it’s done. Add in M&M’s® Holiday Peanut and mix my hand.
5) Roll dough into 1 inch balls and put onto baking sheet and place into fridge for an hour.
6) Put M&M’s® Holiday Milk Chocolate into a plastic bag and crush with a mallet.
7) Put semi sweet chocolate into microwave safe bowl and heat on 30 second increments until melted. Dip the balls into the chocolate and then roll into the crushed M&M’s®. Put balls back on the baking sheet and put back in the fridge for 20 minutes till firm.
I wanted to go off base for a second and bring up an important topic for this time of year: Your local food bank will be getting a lot of requests for help and unfortunately, the banks don’t always carry what’s needed. Hungry families are missing out on milk and other non-perishable products because they aren’t donated. But contrary to popular belief, the same things you buy at the grocery store-milk, eggs, fruits and veggies-are all the same things that are popular at food banks. Falling on hard times shouldn’t mean children should live on canned food. If you want more information about donating to your local food bank see here and here. You can also go to your local Walmart and purchase 2 bags of M&M’s® (9.4oz bags or larger) and a gallon of milk will be donated to the Feeding America food drive. Considering more than 46.5 million Americans rely on Feeding America food banks, your help can go a long way. You can get a coupon for M&M’s® here.
Now to get to the fun….funfetti that is. Funfetti® Whipped Cream is amazing! It’s like having the fluffiest frosting on top of your drink. This is easy to make and so perfect for a Christmas drink that everyone will love!
1 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Cake Mix
Handful of M&M’s® White Peppermint candies
1) Prepare your favorite hot chocolate mix with Great Value™ milk so it’s nice and creamy.
2) Pour whipping cream into mixing bowl. Using a stand or handheld mixer, start beating on high until fluffy.
3) Add Pillsbury™ Funfetti® mix and beat until whipped.
4) Top with M&M’s® White Peppermint candies.
If you are looking for more holiday recipe inspiration, check out this!
Don’t forget to enter the giveaway!