There is nothing like having chicken that’s simmered in a delicious homemade sauce! This Lemon Butter Chicken smells incredible and the sauce gives it tons of delicious flavor! This also cooks quickly and goes with a ton of different sides, like Roasted Red Potatoes or Bacon Garlic Green Beans.
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut in half)
3 tablespoons butter, divided
1 tablespoon paprika
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup whole milk
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon thyme
2 cups frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
Salt and pepper
1) Season chicken with salt, pepper and paprika and set aside. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a oven safe skillet (I use my trusty cast iron, find it here) on medium high heat.
3) Add the chicken and sear both sides till golden brown. Remove and set aside.
4) Let chicken rest and melt the remaining butter in the skillet. Add garlic and cook for one minute till fragrant. Add chicken broth, milk, cheese, lemon juice and thyme. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
5) Add spinach and simmer till sauce has thickened. Return chicken to skillet and pour sauce over the meat.
6) Place into oven and cook for 30 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.