This is one of those recipes that’s perfect for any time of day! I call it a Kitchen Sink Frittata because you don’t have to follow this recipe exactly, it’s can work with whatever you have available! Some leftover taco meat? Toss it in. A random mushroom or zucchini? Chop it up and throw it in. Everything but the kitchen sink applies here. This is a perfect recipe if you are going on vacation or moving and need to clean out your fridge. Who doesn’t love breakfast for dinner?
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup white onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
4 links breakfast sausage, thawed
6 slices pepperoni
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 tomato chopped
1 jalapeno, chopped
Salt and pepper
1) Set oven to broil or preheat to 500 degrees.
2) Whisk the eggs in a bowl with milk, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Cook the breakfast sausage to package instructions and chop into 2 inch pieces for later use.
3) In a cast iron skillet, add some olive oil and heat on medium heat. Once hot, add the onions. Cook for 3-4 minutes till softened and add garlic. Cook for another minute. Add the eggs and fold into the onions and garlic. Mix in the sausage. Cook, without stirring, till the eggs are set on the bottom and sides, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with some cheddar cheese.
4) Move the pan to the oven and broil for 4-6 minutes till the eggs are set.
5) Top with the tomato and jalapeño and cut into slices to serve.