Lasagna is a great comfort food. It’s also great because you can make it to your liking, if you are a vegetarian or a meat lover, lasagna has got you covered. This version is full of Italian sausage along with peppers and onions for a meal that’s full of flavor and absolutely delicious!
2 lbs ground Italian sausage
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 white onion, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
Oven ready lasagna noodles
1.5 jars marinara sauce
15 oz ricotta cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon basil
1 tablespoon oregano
Salt and pepper
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
2) Heat olive oil in skillet. Add onion and peppers to pan and cook till soft, about 5-7 minutes. Add sausage and cook till browned.
3) In large bowl, mix ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella, egg, garlic, salt, pepper and chili powder.
4) Spread marinara on bottom of dish. Layer lasagna noodles onto bottom of dish.
5) Spread half of the sausage and pepper mix on top of noodles. Pour more sauce to cover.
6) Layer another set of noodles and spread ricotta mix on top. Layer another set of noodles.
7) Layer the remaining sausage mix and pour more sauce on top. Place a final set of noodles on top and pour the remaining sauce over it. Spread remaining mozzarella all over the top. Sprinkle the Parmesan on top.
8) Spray down one side of aluminum foil with cooking spray and cover the dish, spray side down.
9) Bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil and finish baking for another 15 minutes.