Happy March! I love this time of year, it gets warmer and spring starts to show itself and best of all, it’s St. Patrick’s Day! This is one of my favorite times of year, there are always a ton of activities and parades. Plus I love listening to Irish music and eating Irish food. If you’re planning a party you can pair these with some Grilled Corned Beef Reubens and have everyone leave with happy tummies! The recipe today isn’t technically Irish but it’s got the Irish spirit! Let’s dig into some Irish Nachos!
5 red potatoes
Salt and Pepper
3 slices bacon
1 cup shredded cheddar
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2) Scrub potatoes and slice into 1/4-1/8 inch slices. Place into a bowl and toss with olive oil and salt and pepper. Lay out on a foil lined baking sheet.
3) Bake for 20 minutes until the edges get crispy.
4) While potatoes are cooking, cook bacon until crispy and chop up.
5) Once potatoes are ready to handle, start arranging into layers. Place some cheddar and bacon between layers. Bake another 10 minutes until everything is melted. Top with green onions and sour cream then dig in!