There are meals that just scream “childhood” and sloppy joes are one of them. It reminds you of camp and summer dinners and the best part is that it’s insanely easy to make! Sloppy Joes are a favorite for kids and adults just based on how easy they are and how delicious they are! Nothing like the first bite of the saucy meat to take you back to a warm summer night where you had no worries in the world. Forget the Hamburger Helper and do it yourself with these Homemade Sloppy Joes! You can get it on the table in no time and you can eat it as is or scoop some onto a bun for the ultimate childhood favorite!
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup diced white onion
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon worchestershire sauce
1 tablespoon mustard
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 can tomato paste (6 oz)
1) In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
2) Add onion and cook till tender. Add garlic and cook till fragrant.
3) Mix in ground beef and cook till brown. Drain fat and return to heat.
4) Add remaining ingredients and stir until nice and saucy.
5) Lower heat and simmer till thick. Serve.