School is officially out for summer! We are prepping for our own summer vacation, leaving tomorrow so there won’t be any new posts for the next week. That said, I thought I would leave you with an amazing light and summery recipe courtesy of an amazing vacation destination: Huron House in Oscoda, Michigan! They were gracious enough to share one of their most popular recipes, a Fruit Pizza Cheesecake Tart. This is a perfect way to start or end your day while you explore the beaches of Lake Huron and enjoy a luxurious bed and breakfast! While your mouth is watering, make sure you check out what Huron House has to offer for your summer vacation.
16 oz prepared, cold sugar cookie dough
1 cup marshmallow fluff
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
3-4 cups cut fruit of choice
3 tablespoons jam of choice
1 tablespoon water
1) Preheat oven to sugar cookie package directions. Generously spray tart pan with nonstick spray and place onto of a large sheet pan. Set aside.
2) Unwrap the cookie dough and press it evenly, including up the sides 3/4 up the pan.
3) Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until lightly brown at the edges and center.
4) Remove and cool completely.
5) Make sure the cream cheese is softened then use a hand mixer to cream marshmallow fluff and vanilla Greek yogurt.
6) Cover and chill in the fridge until the crust is completely cool.
7) Fill the crust with the filling mixture.
8) Arrange fruit to your liking on top of your pie.
9) Mix jam and water in microwave for 10-15 seconds then stir well.
10) Brush the mixture over the top of the fruit. Serve immediately or cover and cool in the fridge.