I love chili. It’s so easy and so fulfilling. One of the best things to go with chili…..cornbread. Now you can just make an awesome batch of cornbread and have it with a nice bowl of chili but you can also try this. This recipe mixes the best of both worlds. I used some leftover Chicken Chili as the base and used the recipe below as the crust. If you have a go to chili recipe, feel free to use it. The best part of this is the ramekins make them like little individual servings so it works out perfectly. If you want to go a little healthier, I also have a Turkey and Sweet Potato Chili that you can try.
1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2/3 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) Spoon about 1 cup of chili into your ramekins, filling about halfway.
3) In a medium bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients. In another bowl, stir together the buttermilk, oil and egg. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry.
4) Spread about half a cup of the mix over the chili in each ramekin.
5) Place the ramekins onto a baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes until cornbread is cooked through.