I found a version of this online and tweaked it a bit because it called for a little too much butter. This is something even my picky toddler will munch on since it has so much flavor! All thanks to some Italian dressing! This is something I like because it’s very easy to prep and all the work is done in the oven.
1 lb thin cut chicken breast
2 red skinned potatoes (I always cut up way too many to fit in my pan, if you have a bigger casserole dish, go nuts)
1 can green beans (drained)
4 tablespoons butter (the original recipe called for an entire stick which I thought was too much, the leftovers had congealed butter all over the place. This amount is more reasonable)
1 packet of Italian dressing mix
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Place chicken breasts in center of dish.
3) Cut potatoes into quarters and place on one side of chicken.
4) Empty green bean can on the other side of the chicken.
5) Place butter slices all over the food trying to make sure everything gets covered.
6) Cover with Italian dressing packet, I like using the whole thing but it’s your discretion about how much seasoning you want.
7) Cover and bake for 1 hour.
Let it sit for a few minutes after you take the cover off before serving.
This is so flavorful and my house smells amazing for awhile. This is one of my favorite weeknight recipes.
If you like this and want to see other recipes, follow me on Pinterest or Twitter! I’m also on Facebook!