My husband is a humongous fan of Chicken Pot Pie! He would buy mass amounts of the Marie Calendar Pot Pies and stuff our freezer with them and just pull one out whenever the craving hit. Now instead of the microwaved, processed kind, we can make these with fresh ingredients and no microwaving required! Plus, if you want to go a different route, you can leave a few biscuits alone and just have a big bowls with some biscuits to dip in.
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Cooked and cut into 2 inch pieces
2 tablespoons butter
1 carrot, peeled and chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped
1 tablespoon salt and pepper
3 large russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1/2 tablespoon thyme
3 cups chicken stock
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup frozen peas
2 tubes Grands Biscuits (makes 16 biscuits total)
1) In a medium pot on medium heat, melt butter. Then add carrots, onion, celery, salt and pepper. Stir and cook for about 3-5 minutes till onions are translucent.
2) Add potatoes, garlic powder, thyme and chicken stock. Stir and bring to a boil. Add chicken and bring back to boil.
3) Add flour to small bowl and add a ladle or two of cooked stock. Whisk until well mixed and add to the pot. Stir and cook until thickened. Add frozen peas.
4) Bake Grands Biscuits according to instructions. Cook the full time to get a crispy biscuit. Once cooled, cut off the tops and scoop out the middle of the biscuits.
5) Ladle some pot pie into the biscuit and enjoy!