Holy meatballs! This recipe is inspired by Tasty and mixes two favorites for an awesome meal. These have mozzarella stuffed inside for a nice treat and you will love them!
1 lb ground chicken
1/4 onion, finely chopped
1/2 grated parmesan
1 cup plain breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon salt and pepper each
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1/3 lb mozzarella cheese cut into 3/4 inch cubes
1/4 cup flour
3/4 cup canola oil
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) In three shallow bowls set aside 1/4 cup of flour, 2 eggs whisked and 1/2 cup breadcrumbs.
3) In a large mixing bowl combine the ground chicken, onion, parmesan, remaining 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder and egg. Mix with hands until well combined.
4) Form meatballs and press a mozzarella cube into the middle and reshape.
5) Roll into flour, followed by egg and finish in breadcrumbs.
6) Add canola oil to skillet over medium high heat. Fry meatballs on all sides until golden brown then add to a foil lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes and serve!