Football is back! I love this time of year, as I have stated previously (10 Reasons I Love Fall), but I really love that you get to close the windows and use the oven without turning the house into a sauna. I love making this because it’s cheap, easy and really good! It’s a crock pot recipe also which I’m a fan of on the lack of huge effort part.
3 thick chicken breasts
1 can black beans (drained)
1 can diced tomatoes (drained)-note, you can buy the kind with chili peppers included if you want more spice.
1 can tomato sauce
1 can corn (drained)
1 can kidney beans (drained)
1 package taco seasoning
1) Place chicken breasts on bottom on crock pot.
2) Add all of the canned ingredients.
3) Top with taco seasoning. If you want to buy the package, that’s fine. I usually do that but sometimes I make my own which is 2 tablespoons of chili powder and cumin, 1 tablespoon of garlic powder, onion powder and paprika and 1/2 tablespoon of salt and pepper. Add that on top
4) Mix everything together and cook for 6-8 hours on low, 5-6 hours on high.
5) Around the 5-6 hour mark, remove the chicken to shred. At this point it should be so tender that shredding it will be quick and easy.
6) Put shredded chicken back in crock pot and cook on low till ready to serve.
This is great rib-sticking food for Sunday at home!