You can always count on enchiladas for a great meat option. These are packed with so much goodness that you will love how much you are getting. It’s got protein, fiber, vitamins and most of all they are delicious! I used homemade enchilada sauce to help cut down on excess sugar and it really came out great!
2 cups shredded chicken
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 16 oz can of black beans, drained
1 16 oz can of corn
8 oz frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1/2 cup white onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon cumin
1 cup shredded cheddar
6-8 large tortillas
Note: If you do not have any leftover shredded chicken, you can place two chicken breasts in a crockpot with a 1/2 cup of chicken broth. Cook on high for 4 hours and shred.
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) Pour some enchilada sauce on the bottom of a baking dish. If you don’t want to use canned you can use this homemade version, see here.
3) Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add olive oil and onion. Saute until soft. Add garlic and cook another minute. Add chicken, spinach, black beans and corn and mix well. Add cumin and chili powder. Cook for a few minutes.
4) Scoop about 1/2-3/4 cup of filling into a tortilla and roll up. Place into baking dish, seam side down to stay closed. Repeat until baking dish is filled.
5) Top with more enchilada sauce and cheese.
6) Bake for 20 minutes until bubbly. Let cool slightly before serving.