I was in a dinner rut one night and decided I wanted to liven up my potatoes a bit. Yeah, I could do my usual things and nobody would complain but one of the perks of having a food blog is an excuse to experiment all the time. So I hit the internet for some ideas and saw this. It’s easy, it’s delicious and it’s versatile. You can add or subtract however you like! Lets check out some Cheddar Hassleback Potatoes!
1/4 cup butter
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
I used smaller potatoes for this but if you want to use bigger ones, you can.
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Scrub the potatoes and place on a foil covered baking sheet. Using a sharp knife, make crosswise cuts into the potato, about 1/8 inch apart. Make sure you don’t cut completely through the spud.
3) Add butter slices into each cut and season with some salt, pepper and garlic powder.
4) Bake for about 45 minutes to an hour depending on the potato size.
5) Stuff shredded cheddar into slices and put back into the oven for another 5 minutes until cheese is nice and melted.
6) Serve immediately. You can top with bacon bits, sour cream, chives…..anything you want!