I saw a version of this online and had to try it! This was easy to make, and delicious….like really good. It didn’t last long as all. The few leftovers we had were gone by the next day, my husband also discovered that a little bit of marinara on top makes this great too, I’ve got a great recipe for homemade sauce, click here. You will want to make this again and again.
1 package cheese tortellini
16 oz frozen broccoli florets
6 strips thick cut bacon, cut into small pieces
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tablespoon flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 cups whole milk
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
3/4 cup grated parmesan
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Cook tortellini according to instructions. Add the broccoli for the last 2 minutes then drain. Set aside.
3) In a large skillet, cook the bacon on medium-high heat until crispy. Remove bacon to drain and leave a little fat in the pan.
4) Reduce heat to medium-low and add garlic, cook for 30 seconds then add flour, salt and pepper. Whisk until well combined. Add milk and whisk again. Bring to boil, stir constantly until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes.
5) Remove from heat, add half the cheeses and mix until melted.
6) Add tortellini, bacon, broccoli and sauce to casserole pan and mix well. Top with remaining cheeses and bake for 20 minutes.