My husband mentioned recently that I should look into making more hands friendly meals for Sunday during the game. I definitely saw his logic, it’s easier for everyone. No utensils for the eaters and less cleanup for the cleaners! So here’s some Bacon Jalapeño Stuffed Bread!
6 slices bacon, chopped
1 loaf French bread
8 oz whipped plain cream cheese
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup canned jalapeños, drained
2 tablespoons onion powder
Salt and pepper
3 tablespoons butter
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Place bacon in pan over medium high heat and cook till crisp. Remove from pan and put on paper towel to drain.
3) Cut the ends off of french bread and cut into sections. Use a knife to cut the middle out of the bread.
4) Mix bacon, cream cheese, cheddar, mozzarella, jalapeños, onion powder, salt and pepper in a bowl. Use a large spoon to stuff the mixture into the bread. Top with other half.
5) Melt the butter in the microwave and add garlic. Brush the garlic butter over the whole loaf of bread. Cut into 1/2″ sections and wrap with a large piece of foil.
6) Bake for 20 minutes until the outside is crispy and the cheese gets melty.