If you are looking for a delicious weekend dinner, this Bacon and Cheese Smothered Chicken is it! It takes a little bit of prep work but it all pays off in a big way with flavor. Everyone will love this recipe!
1 lb boneless chicken breasts, pounded thin
3 tablespoons olive oil
5 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
1 cup whole milk
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon garlic powder
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of extra liquid
1) In a large skillet, cook bacon and leave about a tablespoon of fat behind once done. Add olive oil to pan and heat to medium high heat. Cook the chicken for about 5 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and set aside.
2) In the same skillet, add the milk, chicken broth, garlic powder, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
3) Whisk until mixture begins to thicken.
4) Add in the spinach and allow to simmer for 3-4 minutes. Turn heat to low. Return the chicken to pan, coat with the sauce and top with mozzarella and bacon.
5) Cover and let simmer for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.