Holy crap these are good! They contain the best of everything; potatoes, cheese, bacon, butter….you take your first bite and you don’t regret anything. These are a great side dish for almost anything and they are packed with so much goodness that you’ll want to make them over and over.
4 medium russet potatoes
6 slices bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
2 tablespoons of butter (or you can use bacon fat)
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar
1/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon each salt, pepper and garlic powder
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Wash potatoes and pierce all over with a fork. Place on foil covered baking sheet. Bake for an hour. The potatoes should feel soft when you squeeze them. If not, bake for a little longer.
3) Once potatoes are cool enough to be handled, cut the top quarter off the top and scoop out the insides of the potatoes into a bowl. Leave a little potato on the inside, about 1/4 inch or so. Lower oven heat to 350 degrees.
4) Add the rest of the ingredients except a 1/2 cup of cheese, and 1/4 of the bacon and mix well. If the mix seems too dry, add small amounts of milk until you get your perfect consistency.
5) Use a spoon and scoop the mixture back into the potato shells. Really liberally fill the shells. Top with remaining cheese and bacon.
6) Cook for 30 minutes until cheese is melted.