Lasagna is delicious and these Spinach Lasagna Rolls are another reason why. They are loaded with flavor and are a great weeknight meal because the leftovers go perfectly for lunch the next day! You can also make a big batch on the weekend and have a few throughout the week if you know that you are anticipating a busy week with little cooking time!
1 package lasagna noodles
16 oz ricotta cheese
10 oz frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon basil
1 tablespoon oregano
1 jar (32 oz) marinara sauce (see homemade recipe here)
1.5 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bring large pot of salted water to boil and add lasagna noodles, cook to package instructions and drain.
2) In a large bowl mix ricotta, spinach, egg, 1/2 cup of mozzarella, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, basil and oregano.
3) Ladle 1/2 cup of sauce onto the bottom of a baking dish and spread all over.
4) Once noodles are cool enough to handle, begin assembly. Lay a noodle out on a flat, clean surface and spoon in some ricotta mixture spending evenly so the whole noodle is covered. Roll carefully and place seam side down in baking dish. Repeat until whole dish is filled.
5) Ladle sauce over noodles, coating evenly. Top with remaining mozzarella. Bake for 35-40 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.