I realized recently that I had not made lasagna in awhile. I enjoy making this kind because it has got some healthy veggies but still has meat, sauce and cheesy goodness which makes the men in my house happy!
1 package lasagna noodles (see here)
1 lb ground beef
1/2 package chopped spinach (squeeze as much liquid out as you can)
1 jar of marinara sauce
16 oz ricotta cheese
2 cups mozzarella cheese
1 tablespoon Garlic powder
1 tablespoon Onion powder
1/2 tablespoon Salt and pepper
A dash of Nutmeg
I found these in the pasta aisle and decided to try them. They are no boil noodles, which saves you time and dishes to wash later.
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Cook ground beef till brown, add garlic and onion powder and drain when done.
3) While beef is cooking, combine spinach, egg, ricotta and spices in bowl.
4) Once beef is drained, add 1 cup of sauce and let simmer.
5) Put spoonful of sauce on bottom of casserole dish and spread so three noodles covers it.
6) Add layer of ricotta mixture and cover with another set of three noodles. Repeat with layer of meat mixture. Continue until you have at least two layer of each and are ready to top with the final layer.
7) Top with the rest of the sauce and the mozzarella cheese, try to cover as much as you can.
8) Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and cook for 5 minutes after that.
This smelled great and my pregnant butt was hungry! The noodles cooked up soft and delicious! They spread out while cooking so they filled the entire casserole dish. A great purchase to save time on dinner.