30 1 1
I have been trying to perfect this for awhile, the first version didn’t work out so well so I decided to switch it up and use my trusty cast iron. This version was great! What I love about this is that it’s easy, healthy and so filling. You can defiantly be good till lunch having this in the morning. You can also use whatever vegetables that you like to throw on top!
3 large tortillas
1 can black beans (16 oz)
1/2 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon cumin
2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/2 cheddar cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 avocado, sliced
1/2 zucchini, diced in half moons
1/2 tomato, diced
1/2 green pepper, diced
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) In a saucepan, add olive oil and heat over medium high heat. Once hot add onions. Cook until tender, 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for another minute. Pour in beans and mix well. Lower to simmer. Add cumin, chili powder and paprika. Mix and let simmer for 5 minutes.
3) While the bean mix is simmering, layer tortillas onto a lightly olive oil covered oven friendly skillet. Make sure most of the skillet is covered.
4) Pour in the bean mix and make small indents for the eggs. Crack the eggs in the holes and sprinkle with salt and pepper if you choose. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
5) Bake for 15-18 minutes until the egg whites are white and set. At the halfway point of cooking, add the zucchini to the skillet and return to the oven.
6) Remove from oven and top with peppers, tomatoes and avocado. Sprinkle with a little hot sauce and serve.