8 5 1
Pulled pork is something that I enjoy making regularly. It’s tasty and versatile. I make this in my crock pot so this is good to make if you have a few hours to let the pork really cook and get tender. Some people like to slow cook this with soda but I prefer spices alone. This is the stand alone recipe I use, I make this and use it for my Pulled Pork Calzones and Pulled Pork Potato Skins. This recipe is very versatile.
1 pork shoulder or other thick cut of meat. I used a 6.5 lb piece of meat in this recipe.
Pork Seasoning Rub (See recipe below)
1 bottle of your favorite BBQ Sauce (I use this)
1) Put meat into crock pot.
2) Mix up spice rub. The rub is a mix of the following : 2 tablespoons of garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder and cumin. Then add 1 tablespoon of salt and pepper. Finish with 2.5 tablespoons of brown sugar and mix well.
3) Work the rub into the meat well with your hands. The entire visible part of the roast should have a nice covering.
4) Cover and cook on high for 7 hours or low for 10 hours. The bones should come off the meat easily when done cooking.
5) Remove all bones and drain the liquid. Shread the meat with forks until entire roast is a pile of shredded meat.
6) Add BBQ sauce and mix well. I use bottled for this but if you want to make your own, I would double up the recipe. If you want to make your own, there is a recipe here.
You can put any leftovers away and use for really anything you want!