Healthy eating is great and good for you, but sometimes you just need to let loose or as my favorite show “Parks and Recreation” like to say: TREAT YOURSELF! These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip brownies definitely don’t fit a diet but they are perfect for holidays and birthdays, the days when you should be treating yourself and enjoying life!
3/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 tablespoon baking soda
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons water
2 cups chocolate chips
1/4 cup peanut butter, melted
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2) In a small bowl, mix flour, salt and baking soda until combined.
3) In a large bowl, mix eggs and brown sugar and beat until well combined. Add water and vanilla and mix again. Add the dry mixture to the wet and mix once more.
4) In a microwave safe bowl, add one cup of chocolate chips and heat at 20 second intervals until fully melted. Add to batter and stir to combine.
5) Pour in remaining chocolate chips and combine. Pour into greased 8×8 inch square pan.
6) Warm up peanut butter in microwave for 15-20 seconds until melted. Add in dollops on top of the brownie batter. Take a toothpick and swirl the peanut butter throughout the brownies.
7) Bake for 45 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting.