Lemon is a great addition to a recipe to add an extra boost of flavor and freshness. This Lemon Chicken Pasta has a nice cream sauce with a hint of lemon and the lemon slices for garnish add the perfect extra amount of delicious that you will be sure to love!
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
1 lb asparagus, ends removed, cut into 1 inch pieces
12 oz spaghetti
3/4 whole milk
2 tablespoons butter
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Lemon slices for garnish
1) Cook chicken strips in skillet over medium high heat until no longer pink. Set aside.
2) Cook the pasta in salted water according to package instructions. Add asparagus to pot at last three minutes of cooking. Reserve 1/4 cup of pasta water before draining. Keep pasta and asparagus in pot until needed.
3) In a small pot, combine milk, butter and salt and pepper on medium high heat. Bring to a simmer and cook till thickened, about 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and add lemon juice.
4) Pour cream sauce over the pasta mix and toss to coat evenly. Add chicken and mix until well combined. Add pasta water if sauce is too thick. Add the parmesan and stir.
5) Serve with lemon slices for extra lemon flavor if desired.