This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Schreiber Foods, Inc. The opinions and text are all mine.
Mac and cheese is the ultimate in decadent food. But to make really great mac and cheese, you need the prime ingredient…..cheese. So when I saw the Heluva Good!® Jalapeño Jack during my weekly shopping trip at Big Y, I just knew I could make something incredible with it. It was hard to choose between so many amazing varieties, like Colby-Jack or Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese, but I knew that the Jalapeño Jack would give it an amazing extra burst of flavor. These mac and cheese cups are perfect for a summertime bash because they take the classic baked mac and cheese and make them outdoor friendly so they are perfect for a BBQ and give it tons of spicy kick!
Heluva Good! Cheese is great because it has tons of flavors to make your food fun and has had a quality reputation for more than 85 years. They have whatever you need for your cheese craving. I love using Jalapeño Jack for anything that needs that spicy kick. It worked so well for these cups because it’s a rich and flavorful cheese but it’s really perfect for any kind of recipe inspiration. It melted into a perfect, decadent sauce that made this dish delicious! Plus, it’s so easy to find at Big Y since it’s right in their refrigerated cheese section so it’s simple to grab while doing your regular shopping. Even better, you can get a $0.75 coupon for one block of cheese by going here. I’m excited since Big Y is my favorite grocery store so I can get my fill!
The ingredients in this recipe will make 24 cupcakes so plan accordingly to make them. You can find out more about all the great options Heluva Good! offers at their website. They have tons of different ideas so you can really get to enjoy their product. The Jalapeño Jack smelled so good melted into this pasta, I couldn’t wait to try it!
1 8 oz block of Heluva Good! Jalapeño Jack cheese, shredded or chopped small
1 box elbow macaroni
5 tablespoons butter, divided
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons flour
2 cups milk
Salt and pepper
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
6 slices bacon, cooked crisp
2 jalapeños, sliced
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) In a boiling pot of salted water, cook macaroni to al dente according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
3) In a large skillet, cook bacon on medium heat till crisp and set aside to drain on paper towels till cool enough to crumble.
4) Wipe out skillet, keep heat at medium, and melt 3 tablespoons butter. Add garlic and cook till fragrant, about a minute. Add flour and whisk to form a roux. Cook for another 30 seconds till nice and thick.
5) Slowly whisk in milk, cook while whisking till sauce has thickened, about 5-7 minutes.
6) Remove from heat and add Heluva Good! cheese and whisk till melted and creamy. Mix pasta and sauce together till combined.
7) In a small saucepan, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and add panko breadcrumbs. Mix until well combined.
8) In a large cupcake pan or two regular sized pans, coat liberally with cooking spray. Scoop pasta into cups until filled to top. Sprinkle the tops with sharp cheddar and panko breadcrumbs.
9) Bake for 20-25 minutes until tops are browned. Let sit for 10 minutes before removing. Top with bacon crumbles and jalapeño slices.
<div id=”MTQ5ODY3ODE2ODE5Nw==”><img src=”http://bcp.crwdcntrl.net/5/c=6955/b=41771343″ width=”1″ height=”1″/>