Here in New England we are the furthest thing from grilling weather, however I do know some people who fire up their grills in 3 feet of snow, but I know that there are people who live in areas where you can grill year round! If you want a side that will accompany whatever you are making then these Grilled Foil Potatoes are easy to make and come in their own serving pack! If you go camping a lot, this is a great recipe to keep on hand to eat around the fire! If you are looking for awesome grilling recipes to go with your foil potatoes, check out my BBQ Bacon Chicken Kabobs or my Garlic Basil Pork Chops!
3-4 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
4 tablespoons butter
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons garlic powder, divided
2 tablespoons onion powder, divided
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, divided
1) Preheat your grill to medium heat.
2) Set out 4 pieces of foil, enough to cover your potatoes and make a loose pouch while cooking.
3) Divide the potatoes into fourths and place into each foil piece.
4) Top with 1 tablespoon butter and some cheddar. Season the potatoes with 1/2 tablespoon of each seasoning onto each foil pack. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5) Roll foil into a loose pouch to allow room for potatoes to steam.
6) Place potatoes on top rack of grill and cook for 20-30 minutes until potatoes are soft. Open foil packs, carefully as the steam will be hot, and serve.