This is a recipe where simplicity works. These ingredients all work together to make a wonderful glaze that doesn’t overpower the pork, just enhances it.
4 thick cut, boneless pork chops
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/3 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a bowl, combine brown sugar and spices together.
3) Pat down the chops and rub down with the mixture. Make sure the whole chop is covered well.
4) Put 2 tablespoons of olive oil in an oven safe skillet and heat on medium-high. Once oil is hot, add the chops. Cook on both sides for 5 minutes, until brown on both sides.
5) Place the skillet in the oven and cook the chops for another 5 minutes. Remove skillet and dredge chops through the glaze before removing from pan. Serve immediately.