Macaroni and cheese is the ultimate comfort food. But Garlic Bacon Mac and Cheese is even better! It’s so delicious and creamy! This version goes all in on that and adds tons of extra flavor with garlic and bacon to make it even better! This is rich and a perfect side for a special occasion when you want to add a little extra to your table! This recipe calls for mozzarella and cheddar but if you want to add even more flavor, you can switch in gruyere or pepper jack!
16 oz macaroni pasta
4 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic, chopped
3 tablespoons flour
3 cups whole milk
2 cups shredded mozzarella
1 cup shredded cheddar
6 slices bacon
1) In large skillet, cook bacon till crispy and set aside.
2) In a large pot, boil pasta till al dente. Drain.
3) Wipe the bacon grease out of skillet and heat on medium. Add butter. Once melted, add in garlic and cook till fragrant, about one minute. Whisk in flour to make a roux.
4) Slowly whisk in milk one cup at a time till well combined. Let mixture simmer till thickened, whisk occasionally.
5) Start adding the cheese, one cup at a time and whisk till well combined and thick.
6) Pour pasta into serving dish and add in the cheese sauce. Mix well. Top with crumbled bacon. Serve warm.