These French Onion Burgers are great! There is nothing like a well made burger on the grill in the summer. My husband first started making these and I loved them and now it’s my favorite way to do burgers. I tweaked the recipe a little bit but he never complains. The French Onion flavor gives an awesome something that is so good but not overwhelming. They come out perfect every time and taste amazing!
3/4 cup canola oil
1/2 onion, sliced thin
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 packet French Onion dip mix
2 tablespoons Worcester Sauce
5-6 slices of slices of cheese
1) Add canola oil to pan and boil, then set to medium. Add onions and cook until golden/well cooked. Drain on paper towel and set aside.
2) While onions are cooking, put all ingredients into bowl and mix well with your hands. These are going to be moist burgers.
3) Once well blended, start forming into patties, about 1/2 inch thick and about as wide as your fist.
4) Put grill or grill pan on medium-high heat and place burgers on. Cook for a minute or two on high heat, then lower to medium-high heat until cooked through, about 6-8 minutes.
5) Add cheese and when slightly melted, Remove from pan.
6) Add to bun, top with onions and serve.
These are amazing and flavorful! A total favorite.