This is one of the easiest recipes that I have made. Honestly. There is no boiling, no chopping, the most labor intensive work is filling the shells and this tastes like it takes so much more work. You will love how delicious and easy this is!
8 oz uncooked manicotti
3 cups marinara sauce (homemade recipe here)
3 cups ricotta cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
6 oz frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess liquid
1 tablespoon basil
1 tablespoon oregano
1 tablespoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2) Spread 1 cup of sauce evenly on the bottom of a 9×13 in pan.
3) In a medium bowl, mix ricotta, spinach, 1 cup mozzarella, egg, basil, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper until well blended. Scoop into a piping bag or a heavy duty ziplock bag. Cut on corner of the ziplock and pipe the cheese filling into uncooked manicotti shells.
4) Fill the baking pan with filled shells. Cover the shells with sauce. Top with foil and bake for 50 minutes.
5) Remove foil and top with remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Bake for 5 more minutes.