I think everyone needs to have those recipes that are good to have for busy nights. These Double Bean and Enchiladas are just the thing! I love black beans, they are a huge staple in my cooking but I love to try out new ingredients with it to change things up and so I used my trusty black beans in this recipe along with refried beans, which gave it just the right amount of flavor! I loved how these came out and would absolutely make them again!
1 lb ground beef
1 can (15 oz) black beans
1 package taco seasoning
16 oz refried beans
2.5 cups enchilada sauce (make homemade version here)
5-6 large tortillas
2 cups cheddar, shredded
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet, cook ground beef till browned. Add black beans and taco seasoning with 3/4 cup of water. Mix and simmer till thickened.
2) In a casserole dish, pour 1 cup of enchilada sauce and move the pan so the sauce coats the bottom.
3) Take a tortilla and spread a layer of refried beans over the top. Scoop the beef mixture into the tortilla and roll, tucking in the sides as you go. Place into casserole dish, seam side down. Repeat until dish is full.
4) Pour more enchilada sauce over the top of the enchiladas, then sprinkle the cheese.
5) Bake for 30 minutes until cheese is melted. You can top with chopped tomatoes or sour cream before serving.