I love a great, hearty pasta and this Creamy Chicken Spinach Alfredo has everything! It’s coated in a thick cheese sauce that’s full of flavor but doesn’t overpower the dish. You will love this any night of the week! This cooks up nice and quick and is great way to use up any chicken you have sitting around.
1 lb penne pasta
4 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 tablespoons flour
2 cups milk
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1 cup grated parmesan
2 cups chicken, diced and cooked
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of liquid
Salt and pepper
1) In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the penne till al dente according to package instructions.
2) In a large skillet, heat oil to medium high heat and cook the chicken till no longer pink. Add salt and pepper while cooking.
3) Remove chicken from pan and set aside. Melt butter in skillet and add garlic. Saute till fragrant. Add flour and make a roux. Let cook for another minute or two.
4) Whisk in milk slowly until lumps are gone. Cook until thickened. Remove from heat.
5) Add mozzarella and whisk till combined.
6) Whisk in parmesan until nice and thick. Stir in spinach and chicken.
7) Add cooked pasta and stir until well combined. Serve immediately.